Pinhole Gum Lift
Receding gums affect up to 50% of the world’s population. In the past, the standard treatment involved grafting new gum tissue over the receded area. Grafting procedures often require multiple surgeries and an extended recovery period, and care must be taken to protect the delicate grafts.
Due to the challenges involved in providing traditional gum lifts, most dentists only treat one or two teeth at a time. For a patient with multiple areas of recession, the rejuvenation process can take months or years to complete. But with Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation™, up to sixteen teeth can be done at the same time with minimal discomfort and lifestyle disruption. This means immediate results across your entire smile in a single visit. As a bonus, patients get back to their routines quickly, including enjoying regular meals the very next day.
Pinhole gum lift treatment is minimally invasive and patients sometimes even complete treatment over a lunch break. The immediate results are achieved with no cutting, no stitches, and no downtime. In just minutes, Dr. Jay will carefully slide receded gums back towards their proper height. The entire operation occurs through a tiny pinhole which disappears overnight.
How it's done:
- The teeth needing treatment are polished and the gums are carefully numbed with a local anesthetic.
- A tiny entry point (about the size of a ballpoint pen tip) is made in the gum above the treatment area.
- A specially-designed dental instrument eases through the entry point and gently loosens the gum tissue.
- The gums are slid into position using the same dental instrument.
- Dr. Jay inserts several tiny collagen strips through the pinhole and strategically aligns them under the problematic area. The collagen strips help keep gum tissue in place while new collagen is formed by the body. This completes the procedure! The entry hole quickly heals and is nearly undetectable by the next day.
Your gums provide vital support and comfort to your smile, but receding gums often lead to sensitivity and eventual tooth loss. Fortunately, this revolutionary treatment returns gums to a healthy state, quickly repairing years of wear in just one visit. Contact our office to learn how Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation enhances your well-being.